If there was ever a meal that was synonymous with a comforting family dinner – it’s lasagna. Lasagna is a comforting dish that can be whipped up any day of the week and it will always provide you and your family with a filling and winning dish.
Today though we want to go off the traditional beef route and look at some different versions of this dish that will please everyone. From a low carb breakfast lasagna recipe to a veggie packed version there are lots of ways to enjoy this classic layered dish. Today though we have a few versions that will add some fun flavour and spice to this classic meal.
Chicken Parmesan Lasagna
This easy and yummy lasagna recipe will take a classic concept and bring new flavours and textures.
- 4 chicken breasts, butterflied
- 1 packet Lasagna sheets
- 400ml tomato sauce
- 200g panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 50g flour
- 100g Parmesan
- 2 mozzarella balls
- Bash your chicken flat and cut the butterfly to create 8 pieces of chicken.
- Place chicken into flour, then beaten egg, then into a mixture of 100g Parmesan and panko breadcrumbs until coated.
- Fry in oil for 6-8 minutes until cooked through- set aside.
- To assemble your lasagna – start with some tomato sauce, then chicken, then a couple of mozzarella slices, Parmesan, and lasagna sheets. Repeat until you reach the top of the dish. Top with more Parmesan and mozzarella.
- Bake at 375°F for 30-40 minutes.
- Garnish with basil.
Cajun Chicken Lasagna
This creamy Cajun chicken is a different way to enjoy your lasagna and it will create the most wonderful flavors on your plate.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp pesto
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 pint milk
- 150g cheddar cheese
- 1 packet lasagna sheets
- 100g golden breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Add your chicken onto a foil sheet. Sprinkle with seasoning and then wrap. Bake for 45 minutes until cooked and tender. Use forks to pull the meat apart.
- Melt some butter in a pan.
- Add flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly add milk while stirring to make a thick sauce.
- Add a handful of your cheddar cheese to thicken, followed by your tomato purée and pesto.
- Add the chicken and mix.
- Assemble your lasagna with some of your chicken sauce, then cheddar, then a lasagna sheet. Repeat until you reach the top.
- In a frying pan, add your breadcrumbs, garlic paste, and parsley with some butter. Fry for a minute or two to crisp up.
- Sprinkle this on top of your lasagna and bake for 20 minutes until bubbling and beautiful.
- Serve with a simple side salad and a glass of dry Pinot Grigio.
Lasagna is a classic dish but it can also be vamped up into lots of different meals. Try out some of these ideas and even experiment with your own recipes this year to see what amazing creations you can come up with!
Thank you for reading!