We are nearing the end of summer, and I wanted to give a “life update” for those who are curious about what I’ve been up to. It’s been a busy summer, and a really good one!
Last summer was my first one in California, and it was surprisingly not the best. I was in a depression after making such a big move (from CLE to LA), so I didn’t get to enjoy my time too much. But this summer, I did a lot of awesome stuff! Here are a few:
- Worked a booth at the PLUSH Expo with Delta Labs
- Completed my first 5k
- Attended & covered the San Diego International Boat Show as a blogger (my first event specifically as a blogger)
- Completed a virtual 5k with my little brother on Kelleys Island (Lake Erie, OH)
- Visited Ohio for 2.5 weeks
- Visited Chicago for the first time
- Completed the Chaarg Booty Camp + became a virtual Chaarg member!
- Made the decision to move back to Ohio (still debating this one..)
- Got two new babysitting jobs
- Attended my very first blog conference: BlogFest at IDEAworld (it was AMAZING!)
- Signed up to become an FXP Fitness instructor
When I look at that list, it doesn’t seem like much. But considering all I did last summer was finish 14 seasons of Law and Order: SVU, I feel pretty good about it! I’m excited for autumn – crisp, cool air, job stability, fall clothes, traveling (hoping to take a trip up the PCH), holidays, and so on.
I’m in this weird limbo. I’m not really sure what to do about moving back to Ohio. I want to be with my family, but part of me feels that I’ve changed too much to go back. It reminds me of one of my favorite quotes by Nelson Mandela:
“There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered.”
It’s nothing against Ohio (or the people there) at all. For me, moving across the country with no one but my boyfriend was obviously life-changing. I’ve been in LA a year and a half, and I have grown & changed so much. I had a dream last night that I was back in Ohio, going back to a job that I once had, seeing friends who were on different pages than myself. It was comforting, but I felt completely out of place. I want to settle down in San Diego, so part of me is wondering if I should even leave SoCal in the first place. Can I handle making such a big move three times in five years (or whatever it ends up being)? Clearly I have some things to think about.
I’m also trying to figure out what I want to do with my life career-wise. I am a health coach (for the past two years), blogger (obviously), and nanny/babysitter. I have a bachelor’s degree in speech therapy and audiology, but totally love the flexibility of babysitting. I’m so untraditional- 9-5 has never really been my thing. But I am 26-years-old, and should probably make a career decision, right?
Anyway, these are all things I need to figure out myself. But writing is therapy for me, so there it is!
- Have you been in a position where you weren’t sure what to do with your career/life? What did you end up doing?
- How was your summer?! What was your favorite moment?
As always, thanks for reading 🙂