Disclosure: I received a free pair of Bio Skin compression calf sleeves for review. All links in this post are affiliate links, and I will receive a portion of sales through these links. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
In 2007, I started working out regularly. Almost every night, I would wake up with mad cramps in my calves from tight muscles. I would take calcium supplements, and it would help, but it wasn’t until I tried Bio Skin compression calf sleeves that I found a way to get rid of the tightness! All I can say is, why didn’t I find this sooner?!
Here are 9 reasons why athletes need Bio Skin compression calf sleeves:
- “When running, your calf muscles help raise the heel and propel you forward, while your shins provide stability and support. Not surprisingly, the two most common running injuries are shin splints and calf strains. High-level compression allows athletes to prevent injuries, train longer and recover faster. Compression sleeves are commonly used during a run, but are also effective directly afterwards” (source).
- After a run/workout, use Bio Skin compression sleeves along with stretching to help your legs recuperate better and faster.
- The material allows for perspiration to evaporate, so it helps you to keep cool (which is perfect for hot summer days!).
- “The unique SkinLok™ feature of the Bio Skin® material mean the sleeve won’t slide down the leg, even during vigorous activity” (source).
- Forget KT Tape, ice baths, icy hot, etc., Bio Skin is enough to help get you through the pain of training. However, if you want to use all those forms of recovery, that’s okay too!
- If you have a job that requires you to be on your feet all day, you can wear compression sleeves to prevent pain, cramping, and maybe even spider veins!
- Flying. Want to prevent the possibility of getting blood clots while sitting on a plane for hours? Wearing compression calf sleeves will help that. I’m not saying it entirely gets rid of the possibility, but it can certainly help!
- Reduces muscle vibration.
- Controls muscle movement to improve recovery time after injury.
Sounds amazing, right?! You can get your own pair of compression calf sleeves (also available in a single sleeve) on Bio Skin’s website. There’s a size chart to help you know which size is best for you (measure the widest part of your calf). There is other compression clothing on the site, along with bracing products! Look around and see what will work best for your workouts/recovery/injuries.
- Have you used compression clothing before? What did you use it for specifically?
- Have you heard of Bio Skin? Have you used it?
I want to thank Jake from Bio Skin for the amazing compression calf sleeves to review! I am definitely a forever-fan of compression clothing now!