Let’s be honest, who doesn’t like boats, San Diego, and free anything? I know I do!! Which is awesome, because the Progressive San Diego International Boat Show is coming to San Diego, Calif. June 19-22, 2014 at Sheraton Harbor Island! A weekend of sun, water, boats (to board and/or buy), oh, and did I mention there will be tons of fun activities for you and your family?
(Photos courtesy of Synergy Communications, LLC)
These are some of the awesome activities that will be happening at the SD Boat Show:
- Take exercise to the water at Try It Cove: Try It Cove challenges attendees to find out first hand why paddle sports are all the rage with a variety of free opportunities to get on the water, including Stand Up Paddling (SUP), kayaking and more.
- Learn to SCUBA: At the ‘Be a Diver Pool,’ dive into an underwater world in the comfort of a heated pool. Anyone ages 10 and older can learn how to scuba dive with a certified instructor – all one needs is a swimsuit to participate. The Diving Equipment and Marketing Association (DEMA) provides scuba gear, changing rooms and hair dryers. Participants can also get a photo taken underwater as a fun keepsake.
- Free sailing lesson aboard the Sailing Simulator, featured at the America’s Cup
- Tastes & sounds of summer: Visit the new floating Tiki Bar by Fiddler’s Green, Anchors & Ales Beer Garden or popular food trucks, plus a BBQ hosted by the Rotary Club La Mesa to enjoy libations and local cuisine favorites while listening to island/boat music from a steel drum band.
- Climb aboard a Vietnam War boat: Presented by the San Diego Maritime Museum, visitors can board and tour one of the historic PCF 816 Swift Boats used during the Vietnam War.
- Nautical activities for the kids: While mom and dad are shopping for the new family boat, little skippers can enjoy the Kids’ Zone, drawing their favorite nautical picture to take home as a souvenir, enjoy activities at Try It Cove and play bag “bait” toss at the Progressive Insurance booth for prizes.
- DIY clinics for the hand’s on boater: Back again this year is the Fred’s Shed Interactive Learning Center, a garage-like setting, to learn how to keep that boat in tip-top shape.
- Thursday, June 19 12pm – 7pm
- Friday, June 20 12pm – 7pm
- Saturday, June 21 10am – 7pm
- Sunday, June 22 10am – 6pm
San Diego International Boat Show
1380 Harbor Island Drive
San Diego, CA 92101
The cost of the show is $10 for each day. However, I am giving away a family four pack of tickets!! The giveaway ends Monday, June 9th at 9 p.m. PST.
Rules to be eligible to win:
- Follow the San Diego Boat Show on Twitter
- Like the SD Boat Show on Facebook
- Follow @balancebrunette on Twitter
- Like The Balanced Brunette on Facebook
- Comment on this blog post about which part of the boat show you are most excited about!
Again, this giveaway ends Monday, June 9th, so be sure to enter ASAP! Good luck!! 🙂
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received two free entries for the San Diego International Boat Show in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. All opinions are 100% my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
Deborah @ Confessions of a Mother Runner
OOh wish I did live close enough to go-looks fun
I lost comments in the transfer of my blog to self-hosted, but Gloria commented (and was the only one who qualified), so she is the winner!!!! Congrats Gloria!!