You will spend seven days (Oct. 4-11) in beautiful Costa Rica on a yoga retreat dedicated to sustainability. Each morning will begin with yoga, followed by tours with local naturalists to explore the local plants, animals (like sloths!), and herbs. There will be additional things to do, like surfing, snorkeling, and bird-watching. You can also choose to just relax or learn about local culture!
I have been looking for a yoga retreat to attend, and this one is definitely it! I’ve never been to Costa Rica, but by taking one look at it, I know I need to be there.
(As found on the Gondwana website)
- Start each day off with a morning yoga practice in an ecolodge nestled in the jungle
- Travelers interested in surfing, whether renting boards or getting their first lessons, will have the chance to check out various surf breaks along the coast
- Wonderful, local Costa Rican vegetarian-friendly cuisine provided by the Yoga Center’s staff
- Visit the sloth sanctuary, a center that rescues and rehabilitates native sloths
- A guided tour of some of the best hiking and waterfalls in central America
- A led excursion to watch and learn about the vast number of tropical birds in the area, boasting one of the greatest number of species anywhere on earth
- Work with a naturalist to learn about local plants and their healing properties
Yeah, this is happening. So the question is, who’s joining me?! The deadline to book is August 20, so make sure to reserve your spot ASAP.
“The trip was perfection. If you want to broaden your horizons and go to exotic places all while feeling taken care of and in good hands I recommend Gondwana Tours. I truly enjoyed the mix of luxury, rugged adventure, great food and enough swank to keep my whole family happy at every turn.”
— Jena Frederick
- Have you ever been to Costa Rica?
- Have you ever attended a yoga retreat? Where?