It’s no secret that there’s brand upon brand of protein powder on the market. Some people drink protein shakes daily; some have no idea what the difference is between them. It can get confusing! Well I am here to share with you why Manitoba Harvest HempPro 70 protein powder is one of the cleanest options out there.
Disclosure: As part of my #sweatpink ambassadorship with Fit Approach, I had the opportunity to review HempPro 70. I received one sample of chocolate and one sample of vanilla. I did not receive any monetary compensation. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
With that being said, I definitely believe HempPro 70 is a great protein powder. Here are a few reasons why:
- It’s entirely plant-based, so it’s perfect for vegetarians and vegans.
- It’s the only water-soluble hemp protein powder on the market. It does not need to be blended (but can be if you prefer).
- It’s 95% digestible. There are only four ingredients in each flavor (chocolate and vanilla). I will post the ingredients below!
- It’s sweetened with organic coconut sugar, so it’s low on the glycemic index.
- It’s packed with protein and omegas. Chocolate: 14g protein – Vanilla: 15g protein.
- It’s Non-GMO Project verified.
- The cocoa used in the chocolate flavor is organic fair trade cocoa.
My only issue with this protein powder is the taste is a bit bland. I mixed the chocolate with almond milk, but I think mixing it with coconut milk would have been better. I feel like it would give it more flavor. I decided to blend some raw cacao nibs in the chocolate, and that helped! So personally, I wouldn’t drink the shakes with just milk. If I was in a hurry, I could deal with it, but I would rather blend it with something.
You can get a bunch of great recipes for the protein powder on Manitoba Harvest’s website here!
Despite the bland taste, it is one of the better plant-based protein powders I’ve had. I’ve tried three other plant-based powders, and I couldn’t even finish drinking them. With HempPro 70, I didn’t have a problem finishing it!
Here’s the ingredients of the two flavors (chocolate and vanilla, respectively):
I am all about minimal ingredients, so I definitely love this!
As for pricing: you can get an 11oz bag (10 servings) of chocolate or vanilla HempPro 70 for $24.99. That’s about $2.50 per shake- not bad!
Manitoba Harvest has graciously allowed me to offer a 20% discount on their HempPro 70 chocolate and vanilla protein powders! Simply go to their website and enter code sweatpinkpro70 at checkout. 🙂
- What do you look for in a protein powder?
- What is your favorite thing to add to your protein shakes?
Thank you so much for reading my blog! 🙂