Detoxification is the process of removing toxins from the body. If you’re planning to improve your health or aid weight loss with a detox, try these tips to get the most out of the process.
Image – free for commercial use
- Quality H20. Drink more water during your detox. Your body is made up of 70% water, so you need between six and eight glasses of water a day to keep you properly hydrated. Water also helps to flush out toxins so should play a big part in a detox. If you don’t like the taste of plain water, you can add a squeeze of lemon for flavour and for an extra cleansing boost.
- Go organic. Eat organic food where possible, in order to minimise your intake of toxic pesticides. Organics good gives you pure nutrients, allowing your liver to cleanse. Organic fruit and vegetables also have higher amounts of Vitamin A, vitamin C, and sulfur. All these vitamins all boost the cleansing effects in the body. You could also try a cleanse form someone like Kristen Blake Wellness.
- Eat natural, and eat more greens. Stay away from processed foods, and try to eat less dairy, meat, and sugary foods. Instead, eat plenty of fresh vegetables and whole fruit. Greens, berries, apples, pears, and plums are all great choices for your health.
- Exercise daily. Daily exercise improves your circulation while sweating releases toxins, so it’s a good idea to get your heart rate up. Exercise promotes detoxification and will boost all your body’s systems. As your exercise, your blood will circulate better, carrying essential nutrients to organs and muscles.
- Cut out caffeine. Try to drink fewer caffeinated drinks and less alcohol, as these all dehydrate the body. Instead, swap your drinks for green tea, which gives the body many important antioxidants that it needs, in a more natural way than caffeine.
- Cut out alcohol, tobacco, and processed foods. Aim to ditch these bad habits in order to encourage a healthier lifestyle. Over time, all these things can turn into toxins that the body can’t process properly. Processed foods are chemically enhanced, so they inhibit your body’s ability to cleanse itself naturally.
- Eat plenty of fiber. Grains, cereals, brown bread, wholemeal pasta, fresh fruit and vegetables all help food to move through your digestive system. They also provide the body with more energy. Fibre is an important part of a healthy diet that aids weight loss but also helps the body cleanse.
- Drink smoothies and juices. Leafy greens, fruits, and vegetables are tasty in smoothies and juices. Drinking them helps you to consume more alkalizing mPinerals, which detoxify the body. Smoothies are an easy way to add more superfoods to your diet.
- Swap your cosmetics and cleaning products for alternatives which are non-toxic. Chemicals and toxins aren’t just found in food, after all.
- Get plenty of sleep. Sleep improves the flow of cerebrospinal fluid to the brain. Your body also cleanses itself as you sleep, processing toxins and replenishing your energy levels. Both of these processes are important if you’re going to detox effectively.
•What are some ways you like to detox?
Thank you for reading!